Last Reviewed: August 10, 2021
This Policy describes:
•Personal Information We Collect;
•How We Collect Your Personal Information;
•How We Use Your Personal Information;
•How We Share Your Personal Information With Third Parties;
•How We Protect Your Information;
•Communications and Opt Out;
•California Privacy Rights;
•Changes to the Policy; and
•Questions About This Policy
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Information about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Contact Informationsuch as billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Educational Informationsuch as educational records that contain information directly related to a student and which are maintained by an educational institution or agency or party acting for the institution or agency, like courses, enrollment status, transcripts and grades.
- Financial Informationsuch as student financial aid information, tax information, bank account number, credit or debit card number, and account balance and payment details.
- Health Information如个人健康史、医疗记录、药物检测和免疫接种史。
- Commercial Informationsuch as details about payments to and from you and your payment history, other details of products and services you have purchased from us, or purchasing or consuming tendencies or histories.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information例如你的教育、培训、之前的工作经验、简历、推荐信、证书、执照或其他专业信息、军事从属和地位、工作授权信息以及毕业后的就业和收入。
- Audio and Visual Informationsuch as digital photographs, audio recordings, and videos.
- Technical Information包括您用于访问我们服务的设备上的互联网协议(IP)地址、浏览器类型和版本、时区设置和位置、浏览器插件类型和版本、操作系统和平台以及其他技术。
- Usage Dataincludes information about how you use our Services.
- Marketing and Communications Information如营销活动数据、点击次数、您的偏好和接受我们和我们的第三方营销的同意，以及您的沟通偏好。
We may also collect, use and shareAggregated Datasuch as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Information but is not considered Personal Information as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your Personal Information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as Personal Information which will be used in accordance with this Policy.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect Personal Information from a variety of sources and methods. This includes:
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us
You may give us your Personal Information by filling in forms, enrolling in one of our educational programs, or by corresponding with us by post, phone, text, email or otherwise. This includes Personal Information you provide when you:
- Submit a Request for Information form
- Submit a Contact Us form
- Use the chat feature on our website
- Call, email, or text us
- Apply to enroll and/or enroll in one of our educational programs
- Request a student ID
- Register for classes
- Apply for financial aid
- Create a student account, including a student portal, LMS or other account
- Order or purchase educational or other products and services
- Attend our courses, programs or other events where we collect information about you
- Submit a review or student testimonial
- Use one of our career resources
- Use one of our online learning management, student portal, or other interactive tools
- Make an appointment and receive dental services at one of our dental clinics
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
Automated technologies or interactions.与大多数网站一样，每当您与我们在线互动时，我们都会接收并存储某些类型的个人信息。这些信息可能包括互联网协议(IP)地址、浏览器类型、互联网服务提供商(ISP)、引用/退出页面、操作系统、日期/时间戳和/或点击流数据。当您从您的移动设备访问和使用我们的服务时，我们从该移动设备接收数据。这可能包括您的设备ID、位置数据、IP地址和设备类型。您可以通过调整您的移动设备隐私和安全设置来管理您的移动设备和移动浏览器如何与我们共享位置信息，以及您的移动浏览器如何处理cookie和相关技术。请参考您的移动服务提供商或设备制造商提供的说明，了解如何调整您的设置。
Information We Collect From Third Parties
Third Party Service Providers.我们从服务提供商收集个人信息，包括我们在第三方平台(如在线申请提交和管理平台、学生信息平台、学习管理平台、电子邮件平台和社交媒体平台)运营账户的地方。
Third Party Advertising Partners.We collect Personal Information received from third party advertising partners, including partners who host and manage various advertisements and online forms where you can request additional information.
第三方融资合作伙伴。If you set up an account with or through a third-party financing partner, such as a private loan vendor, local, state or federal programs, employer, or our institutional financing servicer, we may collect Personal Information from them related to your benefits, grant, voucher, loan, or financing plan.
Google Analytics.We use third party cookies provided by Google Analytics to assist us in better understanding our website visitors. These cookies collect IP address and usage data, such as the length of time a user spends on a page, the pages a user visits, and the websites a user visits before and after visiting our website. Based on this information, Google Analytics compiles data about website traffic and interactions, which we use to offer better user experiences and tools in the future. For more information on Google Analytics, visit https://support.google.com/analytics.
第三方的饼干。我们可能会与第三方服务提供商(包括谷歌、Facebook和Instagram)合作，在您浏览互联网时向您提供有关我们产品和服务的广告。这些第三方供应商可能会使用他们自己的cookie标签来跟踪您的在线活动和购买，以便根据您的兴趣提供针对性的广告。您可以通过访问http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/types/了解有关谷歌的广告cookie和退出选项的更多信息。你可以访问https://www.facebook.com/policy/cookies/了解更多关于Facebook广告cookie和退出选项的信息。You can learn about Instagram’s advertising cookies and opt-out options by visiting https://help.instagram.com/1896641480634370?ref=ig.
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting.Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature (DNT) that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Many websites and applications, including the Services, do not currently respond to web browser DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. For more information about DNT signals, please visithttp://allaboutdnt.com．其他第三方网站在向您提供内容时可能会跟踪您的浏览活动，这使他们能够自定义在其网站上呈现给您的内容。
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our primary purpose for collecting Personal Information is to provide you with products and services you request. We may also use your Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- To determine your admissibility for your selected educational program
- To process your application and enroll you in an education program
- To verify your educational background during the enrollment process
- To determine your eligibility for financial aid, scholarships, grants, and other financing
- To provide career services assistance
- To provide you with information, products and/or services you request
- To provide you with tutoring assistance
- To facilitate recruitment efforts
- To facilitate the creation of and secure any student accounts
- To communicate with individuals in written, electronic, and verbal form
- To analyze academic and learning outcomes and preferences
- To develop new tools, software applications, products and services
- To obtain payment for services that we provide to you, including, but not limited to, payments through financial aid
- To process reimbursements and financial aid payments to you
- For our internal marketing purposes, which include, but are not limited to, sending you material about products, services, updates, etc. that we think may be of interest to you
- To customize the advertising and content you see
- To maintain student records and transcripts
- For internal business purposes such as complying with our internal policies or improving our Services
- To analyze how our Services are being accessed and used
- To verify information
- To protect our interests, including establishing, exercising and defending legal rights and claims
- As necessary to comply with legal requirements, to enforce our Code of Conduct, to prevent fraud, to co-operate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities, and to stop other prohibited, illegal, or harmful activities
- To provide professional services you may request, including dental and veterinary services through our clinics
- To apply for certifications and licensures on your behalf
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or as otherwise set forth in this Policy
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We share your Personal Information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Policy and with our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors in order to provide you with our Services and perform any contract we enter into with them or you.
您指示我们分享的信息。You may be presented with an option to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties.
Internal Third Parties.We may share Personal Information with our parent company, subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Carrington, who may use the Personal Information for the purposes described above.
外部性和临床经验网站。You may participate in an externship or one or more clinical experiences with a third-party while receiving Services from us. We may share Personal Information with a business or one or more of our affiliated sites, who may use your Personal Information for the purposes of providing you with an externship or clinical experience.
业务事务。我们可能会与我们选择出售、转让或合并部分业务或资产的第三方开展业务。或者，我们可能寻求收购其他业务或与他们合并。If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your Personal Information in the same way as set out in this Policy.
USERS ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF PRIVACY OR OTHER HARM RESULTING FROM THEIR OWN VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IN PUBLIC FORUMS
Sales of Personal Information.Like most companies, we allow certain third party advertising partners to place tracking technology such as cookies and pixels on our websites. This technology allows these advertising partners to receive information about your activities on our website, which is then associated with your browser or device. These companies may use this data to serve you more relevant ads as you browse the internet. Under some state laws, sharing data for online advertising may be considered a “sale” of information. Except for this limited sharing, Carrington does not sell any of your information. Carrington has no actual knowledge of any sales of Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
COMMUNICATIONS AND OPT OUT
Text Messaging.Carrington, its affiliated companies, and necessary third-party service providers and those acting on its behalf may send you operational and informational text (SMS) messages about your use of the Services at the phone number you provided us. We may also send marketing or other promotional messages to the extent that you have provided the appropriate opt-in consent. Standard text messaging charges applied by your cell phone carrier will apply to text messages we send. Your agreement to receive promotional texts is not a condition of any purchase or service offered by Carrington. Texts, calls, or prerecorded messages may be generated by automatic telephone dialing systems. If you change or deactivate the phone number you provided to Carrington, we ask that you update your account information to help prevent us from inadvertently communicating with anyone who acquires your old number.
Opt-Out.You may opt out of receiving text messages from Carrington at any time by replying STOP to any text message from Carrington or by emailing your opt-out request toCC-Web@m.cod-corp.com．在我们处理您的请求期间，您可能会在短时间内继续收到短信，您也可能会收到确认收到您的退出请求的短信。
Email.卡灵顿可能会向您发送有关我们的产品和服务，以及第三方的产品和服务的电子邮件。You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in a promotional email or by emailingCC-Web@m.cod-corp.com．此选择不适用于与您在卡灵顿注册相关的操作或信息邮件。在我们处理您的申请期间，您可能会在短时间内继续收到促销电子邮件。
通过邮件。You may make a request to be removed from Carrington’s marketing mailing lists by sending your name and address to 3828 West Caldwell Ave., Visalia, CA, 93277, emailingCC-Web@m.cod-corp.com，或致电480-613-2311。在我们处理您的请求期间，您可能会在短时间内继续收到这些邮件。
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Upon verification of your identity you may:
- No more than twice in any 12-month period, request disclosure of the following information:
- Categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected.
- Categories of Personal Information sold or disclosed to third parties.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information.
Specific pieces of Personal Information we collect.
- Request deletion of your Personal Information, subject to the exceptions provided by law.
Requests can be submitted by calling our toll free number (833) 471-0141 or through our onlinerequest form．You can also opt out of having Personal Information transmitted through third party cookies and pixels by clicking on the“Do Not Sell My Personal Information”link.
请注意，这些权利仅适用于部分加州消费者，不包括求职者、雇员和业务联系人。只有您，或您授权代表您在加州州府注册并代表您行事的人，可以提出与您的个人信息相关的可核实的消费者请求。您也可以代表您的未成年子女提出可验证的消费者请求。除非您已根据《加州遗嘱认证法典》第4000 - 4465条向代理提供授权委托书，否则在使用授权代理时，您必须:(1)向代理提供已签署的许可，清楚说明其代表您提出请求的权限;(ii)核实自己的身分;并(iii)直接确认您已向授权代理提供提交请求的许可。该代理还必须能够向我们核实其身份，并向我们提供代表您行事的授权。
The verifiable consumer request initiated by you or your authorized agent must:
- Include your full legal name, email address, and phone number, which we will need to contact you in order to verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. One of our representatives will contact you in order to verify your identity. You may need to provide additional information in order to verify your request. Depending on the nature of the request, we may require additional verification actions be taken, including but not limited to providing a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose Personal Data is the subject of the request. We will only use this information to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
The CCPA provides the right to be free from discrimination if you choose to exercise your rights under the statute, and Carrington will not discriminate by:
- Denying you goods or services.
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
Other California Privacy Rights.《加州民法典》第1798.83条允许向我们或我们的第三方广告商和营销合作伙伴(如果有的话)提供个人身份信息的加州居民要求我们为直接营销目的向第三方披露个人身份信息。我们不会将收集到的有关您的信息与第三方共享，以用于该等第三方的直接营销目的。
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POLICY
For questions or comments regarding our Policy, please contact us by emailing our Privacy Administrator, Rachelle Serrano, atRachelle.Serrano@embered.com．